My card that I am sharing with you on this rather dull Monday morning here in Cambridgeshire is similar to one that I demonstrated on Saturday (I will post that card at a later date).
I wanted to have a play with some new Creative Expressions Gilding Wax and I just fell in love with this purple one so I decided to go with purple and black for this creation.
Products that I have Used:
- Black 7"x7" card black, Purple card, gold shimmer card, and black card.
- Spellbinder dies Used: Fanciful Lattice, Diamond Effects, Rose Creation and Jewel Flowers and Flourishes.
- Cosmic Shimmer: Metallic Gilding Wax- Vintage Purple, Polished Silk Glitter - Light Purple and Golden Sand, Clear embossing powder.
- Creative Expressions: Stamp - Victorian Collage, Heart Lattice Embossing Folder chosen by Sue Wilson, Pearls and Black Swirl pearls
- Archival Jet Black Ink, Perfect Medium embossing ink, Fancy button, Vintage metal corners, vintage metal clock embellishment and purple ribbon.
- Start off with a 7"x7" black card blank. Choose some of the black patterned paper from the Creative Expressions Teresa Collins paper pad and cut this 6 1/2" square.
- Using the Sue Wilson embossing folder - Heart Lattice and take it through your embossing machine using the black patterned paper. This gives your paper just a little texture. Take the gilding wax -Vintage Plum and gently rubbed over the paper with your finger. Just love this effect when using it on patterned paper:). Adhere this onto the card base.
- Die cut the Diamond Effects die out of black card.Stamp the Victorian Collage stamp on to gold shimmer card using black Archival ink and cut it out to fit inside the Diamond Effect frame. Layer this onto some purple card so that the purple shows through the diamonds. Adhere this to the top left corner of the patterned paper at an angle using foam pads. Use a little more gilding wax over the black on the frame.
- Die cut enough flowers from the Rose Creation die set in purple card and make up 4 flowers as in picture. Die cut and emboss some leaves (6) in the gold shimmer card and the flourishes in black card from the Jewel Flowers and Flourishes die set. Use some more gilding wax on the leaves. Adhere 3 of the flowers, flourishes and some 4 leaves on to the top right hand corner.
- Die cut and emboss another Diamond Effects frame and cut off a longer length of it to create a border overlaying over purple card. Adhere this with foam pads towards the bottom of the card.
- Make an oversized bow in purple ribbon and adhere this to the left hand side of the border, adding the other flower and leaves to the centre. Take the vintage embellishment metal clock and add this too.
- Stamp the sentiment and heat emboss with clear embossing powder onto black card and die cut using the tag from the Fanciful Lattice die set. Adhere this with foam pads on the right hand side of the border.
- Add some gilding wax to the 4 antique vintage metal corners and adhere these to the frame.
- Embellish the card with a pearl swirl and some ivory flat pearls. Add a fancy button to the centre of the large flower.
- Finish by adding the purple and gold glitter. You may find it easier to add the glitter as you make up the elements and before you add them to you card.