- To make the card base take 2 6” square card blanks. Cut diagonally from the score line on one of the cards down to the bottom corner. Do the same on the other card, but mirror the diagonal cut. Adhere them on top of each other to create the criss cross card blank.
- Die cut 4 decorative borders from the Cut Mat Create die set 2A using pale lemon card. Adhere 2 on each of the diagonals on the inside of the card (you will need to overlap them slightly for them to fit).
- Choose some decorative paper and adhere to the inside of the card and also to the outside. Cut a piece of Pale lemon card about 1” x5 1/2” and adhere some of the decorative paper on top measuring 3/4” x 5 1/4”.
- Cut out the sentiment ‘Bloom Where You Are Planted’ from the paper pad and adhere this centrally onto the border. Adhere the border (gluing only at each edge and along the bottom) about 1/4” from the bottom of the inside of the card. This has now created a pocket for the tag to sit in.
- Stamp and die cut the sunflowers onto cream card (I like to use cream as I think it is a good base to colour in with yellow). Using 2 or 3 medium flowers colour them using Scattered Straw and Wild Honey distress markers and a dove blender pen. Use your ball tool on the petals until you get a desired effect. Layer the flower up to create one flower. Stamp and die cut 2 leaves. Close the card so that you can see where the card meets and adhere the leaves and flower to the centre of the front of the card.
- Make an organza bow and add this just to the bottom left of the card. Using the small tag die from the Luggage and Tag die set cut out a tag from the paper collection. Adhere this so that it sits just under the bow.
- To Create the Tag: Cut a piece of olive card measuring about 5” x 6 1/4" using a corner punch on the edges. Mat a piece of decorative paper from the paper collection again using a corner punch on the corners ( you can use the Cut Mat Create die sets to create your tag if you don’t want it quite as big as this one).
- Using the 2A die set from the Cut Mat Create collection die cut out the panel with the Sunflowers in each corner as in picture.
- Stamp the Bouquet Bucket onto cream or white card with Sepia Versafine ink and colour in with a dove blender pen and distress inks. Die cut out with a Spellbinder Classic Circle die and ink the edges with Scattered Straw Distress ink. Adhere this centrally onto the panel.
- Die cut out 4 of the decorative corners from the Cut Mat Create die set 2B. Adhere them at each corner from the back of the panel so that they sit as in picture.
- Next adhere the panel about 3/4” from the bottom of the tag.
- Die cut out another decorative border and adhere this at the top of the tag.
- Cut out the sentiment ‘ Sending Sunny Thoughts your Way’ from the paper pad and mat onto some olive card. Adhere this this centrally between the panel and the decorative border.
- Turn the tag over. Make a loop with the organza ribbon and adhere about 1” from the top of the tag as in picture.
- Cut out the circle panel and adhere this to the centre of the tag.
- Cut out the ‘Heavenly Sunshine’ sentiment from the paper pad and adhere this to the bottom of the tag.
- Die cut out another decorative border and adhere this to the top of the tag.
- Add some decorative pearls on string to the diagonals on the card, both inside and outside. Also add some to the tag and the pocket.
- To finish add some Platinum Stickles glitter.
Blog Candy Winner
It is also time for me to announce the latest blog candy winner:)
The winner of a Heartfelt Creations stamp of their choice, a paper pad and some crafting goodies is................................GrannyPammy!! CONGRATULATIONS! IF you email me your details and the stamp of your choice I will get them sent off to you:) x
I will be back tomorrow with more inspiration on how to create a girly card with the All Geared Up Collection.
Take care x