- Before adding any paper or embellishments I painted the drawers with some distress stain. I didn't add any undercoat as you can only see the edges.
- I purposely chose the papers so that the middle drawers had the flowers on them and the others 2 were matching. For the lid I have used one of the panels from the paper collection with the cockerel on and cut it to fit.....unfortunately I don't have a picture on my laptop, but I will add a picture with a top view tomorrow so that you can take a look at what I mean.
- I have used the decorative border die from the Cut Mat Create collection to add some detail to the fronts of the card. I have also added one on each side.
- To decorate I have added some Hobby House pearls on string and some cream lace.
- Next I added the drawer handles which are also from The Hobby House.
- I have of course added lot's of gorgeous sunflowers cascading them down the drawers. I have added some seed beads in the centre using Pinflair glue gel. The leaves and flourishes are of course also Heartfelt Creations.
- To finish I have added some Stickles glitter - Platinum around the edges of the paper.
Tuesday, 2 September 2014
Sunday, 31 August 2014
- I have taken my black card and dusted over it with an anti static bag which stops any excess embossing powder sticking where you don't want it too.
- Stamp the image with an embossing ink of your choice and add your Cosmic Shimmer detailed embossing powder and gently tap off any excess.
- Heat with your heat embossing tool.
- Now as I just mentioned on this one I have also stamped the image again with some white pigment ink (you can also use a chalk ink) offsetting the stamp slightly giving the letters a shadow.
- I have then added some of the white ink using my finger, rubbing in circular motion. I have added more in places to give it a more realistic look.
- Next I have added some green and red pencil as you can see in the picture and again rubbed a little white ink over it to tone down the colours slightly.
- I have assembled the card as in picture and added some Heartfelt Creation Poinsettias and some of the decorative leave flourishes from the Cut Mat Create collection. I have also added some of the white ink to the poinsettias to also give these a chalky loo. When stamping the poinsettias I have also used white embossing powder.
- To finish off I have added a little Cosmic Shimmer Mica Flakes to the centre of the poinsettias.
Festive Christmas Lantern
I hope you have enjoyed today's festive post...I will be back tomorrow with a Sunflower project which will be on the show:)
- I made the lantern using a template that I made which was similar to the one that Joanne made. Joanne has a link on her blog to one very similar, but it is smaller that mine.
- I have used the Festive Background stamp and heat embossed it in gold detailed embossing powder onto heat resistant acetate to create the windows. I die cut out the windows using the Cut Mat Create die from set 2B
- To decorate the lantern I have add some of the Cut Mat Create decorative borders which I have die cut out in black card.
- I have added some black lace around the chimney and also some pearls on string.
- The poinsettias and holly are of course Heartfelt Creation stamps and dies.
- To finish of the lantern I have added some platinum Stickles glitter and lot's of Pinflair snow dust.
By the way I hope you can all join me for my very first 4 Day Deal which kicks off at 8am with Dean:).....It has been a pretty hectic August prepping for these shows, but I have to say I am so loving my job:) x
Take Care and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend:) x
Thursday, 28 August 2014
Classic Sunflower Sneak Peek
- On some of my samples as with this sunflower I have made my sunflowers a little vintage colouring them in using Distress Markers. I also find that I can colour in much quicker using these!
- So I stamped and coloured in the sunflower onto cream card and die cut it out with Spellbinder Ovals.
- I have chosen a decorative panel from the paper collection and used the Tim Holtz distress tool to distress the edges. If you don't have one of these you can use the edge of your scissors or a knife. I have matted the panel onto some dusky pale blue card (also distressed the edges) and adhered it to my cream card base which measures about 7" square.
- I have also distressed the edges of the main card and also used some Tea Dye distress ink.
- Next I die cut out the Spellbinder Elegant Oval in the dusky blue card and matted my sunflower image onto it. I have added some lace across the card before adhering it to the left hand side of the card.
- I have stamped and die cut the Classic Sunflowers - You can use this stamp as a background stamp, but you can also use it with the Co-ordinating die which gives you 11 individual sunflowers in various sizes, some sunflower seeds and also 2 cute little ladybirds (lady bugs if you are from the USA). I have stamped it onto a mustard yellow card stock and then used my distress ink - Tea Dye to add a little more detail.
- I have die cut out 2 flourishes from the Spellbinder die set Jewel Flowers and Flourishes in the mustard yellow card stock and die cut some Leaves from the Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf die set and co-ordinating stamp.
- I have adhered the sunflower, flourishes and leaves to the card adding a bow and tag from the paper collection.
- To finish off the card I have added some cream Hobby House decorative pearls on string.
Monday, 25 August 2014
- For this very festive Christmas card I have used the Festive Notes stamp for the background - you can just about see it underneath the Cosmic Shimmer Iced Crystals.
- I have stamped the main image in red and added a little Cosmic Shimmer Pearlscent mica powder. This stamp is the O Little Town. I have die cut the image out using the Spellbinder Standard Circles.
- The sentiment stamp is from the Dove of Peace stamp.
- I have layered the elements onto the main card using foam pads.
- The Poinsettia is the Christmas Poinsettia stamp and the co-ordinating Sun Kissed Fleur die set.
- The flourishes are from the Sweet Lullaby die set.
- I have added lot's of the Cosmic Shimmer Iced Crystals to give the card a really festive ice feel:)
Sunday, 17 August 2014
- I have used just the Festive Christmas paper pad this card.
- I have chosen one of the 6" square panels and adhered this to a white 7" square card base.
- I have die cut out the Spellbinder 2011 Heirloom Ornament die template in red card stock and adhered this with foam pads to the card.
- Next I have die cut out the Dove image, again from the paper collection using the Spellbinder die template - Stately Circles and adhered it to the centre of the Christmas Ornament.
- To create the Poinsettia I have used the Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur die and the Christmas Poinsettia stamp.
- To create the Holly I have used the Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Add On Die set and the coordinating stamp - Holly Berry.
- Next I have die cut out the sentiment from the paper pad using the Tags and Luggage die set.
- To finish off the card I have used some Cosmic Shimmer Mica Flakes, pearls, gems and added a red bow with a Hobby House spacer and brad to the top of the Christmas Ornament.
Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Happy Wednesday every....the sun is shining here today, not sure that it will last though.
So it is the 2nd Wednesday of the month which only means a new Heartfelt Creations launch. ....You may have seen me launch this new collection on Create and Craft TV a few weeks ago, but it is now officially the world launch.....which also means if you head on over to the Heartfelt Creations blog HERE you will find lot's of inspiring Christmas creations from the Design Team and also a chance to win the full collection!!! Yes! the full collection including all 6 stamp sets and the gorgeous paper pad:)
Now I have already blogged a few of my cards that I have made using this collection which you can find HERE and HERE but here is today's Festive Christmas inspiration card (sorry it isn't over on the Heartfelt blog today ...I promise I will be back on there next week)
I have chosen this small gatefold card in cream and green...not normally a colour that I would choose for a Christmas card, but I think it is a beautiful combination.
- I have created a gatefold card using a piece of cream card measuring 9" x 5 1/4".
- I stamped each image onto a separate pieces of card and cut them to give about 4mm border. The ink that I have used is Ranger Archival - Olive
- So I stamped the poinsettia border 4 times. This stamp is from the Festive Candlelight stamp set HCPC 3623.
- I adhered the 2 outer ones with foam pads,cut out the poinsettias, shaped them and adhered them to the outside borders on the card leaving the middle one from the left hand side as I added this after the sentiment.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Dove of Peace stamp set - HCPC 3621 and cut it out and adhered this to the left hand side of the out side of the card. I have then added the poinsettia and also a small flourish in cream card which I have die cut out from the Arianna Blooms collection.
- To finish off the card I have added some Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mica Flakes and some gems.
I will be back soon with some more festive inspiration:)
Take care x
Monday, 11 August 2014
A very good evening everyone:) I hope you all had a good weekend and didn't experience too much rain. We have had quite a bit of flooding here in East Anglia although I myself have been fortunate not to have been affected. If you are one of those who has been affected by this awful weather then my prayers go out to you and your families....hopefully our summer will return soon! Thankfully the rain held off on Saturday so I got to enjoy my time at Cadwell park with hubby.....ok it wasn't my thing I admit, but we had a nice picnic and my grandson was fascinated by the fast colourful cars!
Two Blog candy Winners
It is time for me to announce another blog candy winner:) Now as you may already know it was my birthday yesterday (I spent the morning with my youngest daughter whom accompanied me to Dunhelm for a little retail therapy and I spent the afternoon in my craft room topped off with a meal with the family) ... So anyway as I was saying as it was my birthday yesterday so I thought I would pick 2 lucky winners this time!!!!!
The first lucky winner is...................... Homebird and the 2nd lucky winner is.................Samantha Wade!!!!! If you both email me with your chosen Heartfelt Creations stamp I will get your stamp and crafting goodies off to you:)
Arianna Blooms Layout
Now for todays inspiration! I have used the Arianna Paper collection, stamps and dies to create this layout featuring my very beautiful granddaughter Amelia who was 2 when this photo was taken. She is now almost 3 and is growing up so fast!
- As I said earlier, I have used the Arianna Blooms paper collection.....choosing one of the ready layouts from the paper pad.
- I followed the basic layout adding the photo first.
- I stamped and die cut a few sets of the Arianna Blooms flowers in pale pink and deep pink card stock.
- I have used the Arianna Lace die to create all the delicate lace elements on the layout.
- The leaves are the Heartfelt Creations Classic leaf stamps and dies.
- The sentiments are also from the Arianna paper collection.
- I layered all the elements and flowers onto the layout making sure that I was happy with it before I finally adhered everything onto the paper.
- To finish off the layout I have added some lace and pearls and of course a little Stickles glitter.
Finally a big thank you to you all for my Happy Birthday wishes..... You are all so very kind:)
Take care x