Hello fellow blogging friends!
I am feeling pretty relaxed today after my show yesterday:) Just chilling out and catching up on some boring housework.
I am thrilled that you all loved the show yesterday.....thank you so much for all of your support:)
It was a fun show with Leonie...she really is a brilliant presenter and made me feel so welcome.
After a few minor hiccups....leaving my precious Cosmic Shimmer on my craft desk at home, I am really pleased with how it went and now looking forward to my next one.
I hope to be able give you a date very soon:)
Todays card is of course from the show yesterday....showing you how you can use the pram die to make an umbrella!
After making the card I decided that maybe I should have used the lemon card instead of the pink for the umbrella! It wasn't until I took the photo and uploaded it onto the computer that this occurred to me, but I still think it looks pretty:)
- I started with a 7" square white card blank and inked the edges a little with some pink chalk ink.
- I cut 2 6" x 1" strips of pink card and made 2 borders using a Martha Stewart punch....this is one of my favourites at the moment:). I also inked the edges.
- I cut the decorative 6" square panel from the paper collection, adhered the 2 borders at the top and bottom from the back and adhered it t my card.
- I fussy cut out the little girl and her dog image and adhered her to the card with some foam pads.
- I die cut out the pram and cut of the hood part. I adhered it to the card just at the edges (not the top) allowing it to curve.
- I die cut out the handle and added this to the umbrella.
- Next I die cut a mixture of different size flowers in both pink and white inking the edges again with the pink chalk ink.
- I die cut out the delicate flourishes in lemon....these will be available in Junes collection (sorry I don't mean to tease)....
- Next I added the flowers just inside the flowers the umbrella and cascading out of it.
- I cut out the Birthday sentiment from the Paper collection and added this to the top right hand side of the card.
- I made a double satin pink bow and added this just underneath the sentiment.
- Finally I added some pearls (lot's of them), a decorative pearl button to the bow and of course I had to add a little Stickles glitter:).
So that's my card for today...I hope I have inspire you:)
Take care everyone and enjoy the rest of your day x