So to my project that I would like to share with you today....... An altered Bird House! This really was a fun project to make. The bird house itself is from a company called Tando Creative, I got this at Ally Pally a few weeks back. It comes flat packed and is really easy to assemble and decorate....... I really should have taken pictures during the make, but as always I got carried away with the moment, but maybe I could do some video tutorials in the future ........ this is on my list of things that I would like to do......so watch this space:). Ok! back to the Bird House....... I chose papers from The Nitwit Collections - Country Lady: Available from LOTV.
- I used a craft knife and scissors to cut with. Only adhere the paper one side first then cut and then adhere the other side, else you won't see where you need to cut! I inked all the edges using Victorian Velvet distress inks.
- Now assemble the house.... this is really easy as the base has slits in and you just slot them together. The roof just needs gluing in position.
- Once all assembled you are now ready to decorate. I have gone to town with this part:).
- Most of the items I have used are from The Hobby House - The images are Sweet Blossom toppers (Wee Stamps, by Sylvia Zet). I have cut these out.
- The roses are Wedding Day and Raspberry Truffle - The Hobby House.
- The leaves and flourish are Spellbinder: Jewel Flowers and Flourishes.
- The tiny birds - Marianne Design Creatables.
- Pearl Brads -The Hobby House
- Tiny pearls - Mei Flower
- Tiny flower buds - Anne Marie Designs
- Other pearls and lace - my Stash
- I have finished of with adding lots of Stickles Glitter - Diamond..... I think I have a little bit of an addiction with this product :).
I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Whimsy Stamps - Anything Goes -
Simon Says Challenge - Flower Power
ABC Challenge - Not Just One
Happy campers - Lace
The Sisterhood Of Crafters - Flowers
Creatalicious Challenges - For The Girls
Our Creative corner - Anything Goes