Classic Sunflower Sneak Peek
- On some of my samples as with this sunflower I have made my sunflowers a little vintage colouring them in using Distress Markers. I also find that I can colour in much quicker using these!
- So I stamped and coloured in the sunflower onto cream card and die cut it out with Spellbinder Ovals.
- I have chosen a decorative panel from the paper collection and used the Tim Holtz distress tool to distress the edges. If you don't have one of these you can use the edge of your scissors or a knife. I have matted the panel onto some dusky pale blue card (also distressed the edges) and adhered it to my cream card base which measures about 7" square.
- I have also distressed the edges of the main card and also used some Tea Dye distress ink.
- Next I die cut out the Spellbinder Elegant Oval in the dusky blue card and matted my sunflower image onto it. I have added some lace across the card before adhering it to the left hand side of the card.
- I have stamped and die cut the Classic Sunflowers - You can use this stamp as a background stamp, but you can also use it with the Co-ordinating die which gives you 11 individual sunflowers in various sizes, some sunflower seeds and also 2 cute little ladybirds (lady bugs if you are from the USA). I have stamped it onto a mustard yellow card stock and then used my distress ink - Tea Dye to add a little more detail.
- I have die cut out 2 flourishes from the Spellbinder die set Jewel Flowers and Flourishes in the mustard yellow card stock and die cut some Leaves from the Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf die set and co-ordinating stamp.
- I have adhered the sunflower, flourishes and leaves to the card adding a bow and tag from the paper collection.
- To finish off the card I have added some cream Hobby House decorative pearls on string.