Well! I really feel part of the blogging community now :) I have a few followers.... Which I am honoured that my fellow crafters have taken the time to browse my blog! As with any new venture it is a little scary, to say the least, but with every new day I am learning more..... I really must stop playing with the layout and colour of my blog now :).
Last night took me on a venture around the 'CHALLENGE' community among us...... I have found that some crafters participate in many and some none at all! I myself am thinking , ummmm give it a go..... it looks kind of fun:) So I spent hours looking around searching for the right challenges for me!.... WOW, their are hundreds out there, so where to start? well, I have a few on my list, but it would be nice for advice from some fellow crafters. So if any of you have some fun challenges that you think I might enjoy I would love to here from you :)
Ohhhhh, and on my quest to find some fun challenges I stumbled accross some amazing and inspirational blogs:) I have always had a peek or two at other blogs over the years, never added myself as a follower:( but my list of blogs I love is growing by the day and i'm sure will continue to grow:).
I have been a member of the Docraft Community for just over a year and have really enjoyed uploading my projects and giving and recieving so many comments and I will continue to do this, but I am so glad that I have taken the plunge to create my own blog:). For years I have crafted alone in my craftroom reading magazines and looking at blogs for inspiration, but like so many of you out there , I felt the time was right to take my crafting to another level :) I really hope you are enjoying my blog so far and I hope I am giving you some inspiration as you are all giving me!
Well for my projects today! - I have 2 to share with you.
I recieved my February kit from Amazing Paper Grace(not sure what has happend to January)and thought you would like to see it in it's full glory) -
Is'nt it jus a box of delight :)
- This card is an 8x8
- I have used the Melissa Frances papers from the kit.
- The paper ribbon flower with the beautiful brad in the centre is made using the die (Beccas own design). I do believe that there was a tuturial on her blog for this a few months back.
- The back of the paper bow has been layered up using a paper doiley and the outer die of the circle(again Beccas own design)
- I have used encrusted jewel embossing powder around the edge of the card. (inspired by a card I saw on Sandy's stamping scene blog)
- the butterfly and metal corners have also had the embossing treatment ( I got these from live and love crafts)
- Spellbinder dies I have used are:-
- Heartfelt Creations, Decorative lace border
- Floral Doiley Motifs
- The quote stamp - Fiskers
- Meal antique looking heart - Live and Love Crafts
- Lace - Live and Love Crafts
- pearls and sentiment stamp from my stash
Sorry for the over use on the faded border...........Over did it a little and it won't let me change it for some reason :(
My 2nd card that I would like to share
- Papers are again from the kit - Melissa Frances
- Co-ordinations pink cardstock
- Spellbinder dies -
- A2 filigree delight
- metal corner dies, again given the embossing treatment (loving this technique)
- Small butterflies - Marianne Design dies
- wooden heart embellishment , lace, jewel button - Live and Love craft
- The decorative pearl pin - made myself from stash of beads
- Paper doiley and pearls - from stash
- Ribbon from December kit
- Tulle pleat trim - Live and Love Craft