I'm getting excited as Saturday I am visiting Sir Stamalot in Peterborough for my first Copic class, so hopefully I will be coming away with lots of new colouring techniques:), I really enjoy colouring and find it's really relaxing, but when it comes to using darker colours I really struggle so thought some classes would be a very good idea and Peterborough is only 15 mins away from me :)
Today I would like to share a little mixed media project with you.
On my travels through blog land I have been really inspired by some of the techniques that I have seen, so thought I would have a go at using some masks, acrylics and gesso.
The gorgeous little girl in the photo is my grandaughter Amelia :) She is 19 months old x
I have used a mix of acrylics, gesso and then used the tiny circle mask from Prima and stenciled the black dots onto it. I have then used shabby pink and shabby wine frantage.
I have taken a few pictures with the items that I used to create the background :
- The Spellbinder dies that I used are Opulant Ovals and jewel flowers and flourishes.
- The metal round trinket which I have used shabby rose frantage on, the wooden flowers and butterfly are from Prima.
- The papers I have used are Prima - Nature Garden
- The gems and flowers are from The Hobby House, and the large roses i'm not sure:(.
- The flourishes and banner that I have frantaged are both from Prima.
- The words are from KCo
- All the pearls are from my stash.
I would like to enter my prject into the following challenge :
Happy Campers - Use a Mask or Stencil