Ok! you may ask yourselves wow all 4 designs, well I made the mistake of still playing with my papers and dies after I had created my first 2 projects..... so I thought ok they did say I can submit more than 2 if I wish.... I had all 3 ready to post and the email ready to submit. But I wanted to decorate this heart that I had bought a few weeks ago and ohhhhh I shudn't have used my Heartfelt Creations stash..... cus when my friends and family all saw it they all said I should submit this and not one of the others, but how could I choose between them? well I couldn't and my friends and family were no help either as they all chose different projects too........ so there you have it .... a big lesson learnt when doing a DT call submission send them off as soon as one has finished them :)
· 2 x decorative windows ( from the decorative windows scene die set)
From the Timeless Amour die set:
· 1 x heart element/flourish
· 3 x trellis hearts
· 1 x small heart
From the Vintage Floret die set: (this is only a guide as it depends how you wish to layer your flowers
· 1 x large
· 2 x medium
· 2 x medium
· 2 x small/ medium
· 2 x small
· 2 x extra small
· 6 x foliage leaf from the delicate asters die set
· Next stamp the flowers with their co-ordinating stamps and using the leaf die as a mask dab with the meadow coloured ink and stamp using the current coloured ink.
· Make up and adhere the flowers together and leave to one side.
· Take your chosen paper and stamp the burlap image just above where you want the pictures to go, slightly at an angle.
· Stamp the edges of the paper using the burlap stamp (only about 2cm in)
· Heat emboss about ½ - ¾ cm around the edge using the embossing powders and also heat emboss the small enclosed heart .
· Using the sentiment paper from the paper pack, cut out the words that I have on the twine (or others if you prefer). Also cut out to other sentiments which you like. Ink around the edges.
· Take two photos and and cut them so that they fit inside the decorative window frames (cut off the window pane part of the window).
· Ink the edges of all the elements using the current coloured ink.
· Adhere all of the elements in position as in picture. ( Use 3d gel or foam pads to add a little dimension on some of them).
· Ink the twine a little if you wish and adhere the words onto it in position on your page.
·Add the crystals and stickles to finish
Heartfelt Creations dies used:
· Timeless Amour (HCD 728)
· Vintage Floret (HCD 727)
· April Release
· Layered Scalloped Posy (HCD 717)
Heartfelt Creations Stamps used:
- Open Vintage Floret (HCPC 3500)
- Mini Vintage Floret (HCPC 3502)
- Bold Vintage Background (HCPC 3504)
- Ryegrass Flourish (HCPC 3436)
· Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment onto cream card and cut out (either by hand or a Spellbinder die if you have one that fits). Distress the edges.
· Take the 2 decorative flourishes and decorative heart and distress the edges.
· Using the Decorative Heart die cut out an aperture on the front of the right hand side of the card at an angle. Close the card and with a pencil lightly mark the centre of the heart (this will be on the inside of the card) and now stamp here on the inside of the card with the Vintage Floret background stamp at the same angle as the aperture.
. Stamp 4 flourish corners onto the inside of the card.
· Close the card and adhere one of the decorative hearts in place so that it fits inside the aperture, but on the inside of the card.
· Now adhere the April release flourishes , decorative heart on the front of the card as in picture, it is supposed to resemble a butterfly.
· Make up the flowers and adhere 3 of them on the top left hand corner (keep 1 small flower for the butterfly antennae)
· Adhere the other 3 flowers inside the heart aperture on the inside of the card, (do this whilst the card is closed to ensure they do fit inside the heart aperture).
· Either make the pearl decorative pins yourself or use some bought decorative pins and adhere to the top of the heart aperture, as to resemble the butterfly antennae’s. Use the final small Vintage Floret to hide the glue as you do need to make sure that these are fully secure.
· Decorate the inside of the card with the remaining elements that you have left including the plain sentiment box.
· Add the sentiment to the front of the card as in picture.
· Adhere the 6 tiny blossoms onto the butterfly wings.
· Finally adhere the brads and pearls and add some stickles glitter to finish.
The photos are not that great as I dropped my little lamps that go with my light tent when I bought it and changed the bulbs....... and it wasn't until last week that I realised they were the wrong bulbs, not daylight which in turn, my photos up until the last week have been yellowy:( I have updated most of the photo's on my blog but unfortunately I had already posted these projects over to America :(
As I have a very hectic weekend I will post the others tomorrow ........ and keep you all in suspense:)