I have 2 projects to share with you today....... a canvas and a card for my son
I decided not to watch You Tube videos to see what to do with them, cus once I get started I realise that I have actually spent all day on the computer and not actually done any crafting...... we've all been there, haven't we ? :) So I just had a hop around a few very talented blogs and got my inspiration..... and I haven't looked back!
I am really pleased with the outcome of this one:) Believe it or not ..... it was actually a last minute thought and I completed it in just under 2.5 hours, that is very good for me :) I just went with the flow!
So here it is - Another canvas:
- I randomly cut a few of the papers up, and layered them a little in the centre of the canvas, just off centre leaving a couple of inches on the right side and about 3inches on the left hand side.
- I used different shades of blue acrylic paints including a pearlescent one. I sponged these on and went over the papers a little.
- I then stencilled the circles using a bluey grey mix of acrylics and grunge paste, I gently dried this off of slightly using my heat gun (on low heat) and went over it again in the pearlescent blue paint.
- The picture has been layered onto the spellbinder detailed scallop frame and adhered off centre onto the canvas.
- I have used shabby white frantage on the tags and flourishes and glued my chosen words onto the tags. (put these to one side).
- Next I adhered the lace and pearls on thread to the top and bottom of the canvas.
- I took all my elements including the flowers, wooden flowers/foliage, metal trinket, flourishes and tags and placed them on the canvas without adhering in place until I was happy with the design. ( I take a photo at this stage of my projects so that I remember where I want them to go). Once I was happy I adhered them all in place.
- I also added a little lace to the tags.
- I have then added a little dried gypsophilia, adhered the crystal gems and crystal flourishes.
- Finally I added the butterflies and used a little more white frantage in the bottom left and top right hand corners.
- Canvas - I purchased mine in a pack of 3 from Wilko
- Acrylic paint - Docrafts and Paper Artsy
- Shabby White Frantage - Stampendous
- Emboss it dabber - Ranger
- Flourishes, tags, flowers, wooden flowers/foliage, crystal gems, crystal flourishes and butterflies - Prima
- Words - KCo
- Spellbinder - 5x7 detailed scallops
- Black lace and pearls - not sure:(
- Papers - Nature Garden and Engraver - Prima
I would like to enter my canvas into the following challenge:
Happy Campers Crafting Challenge- use a mask or stencil
A Little Saucey Birthday CardAnother project that I would like to share with you today is a clean and simple card for my son.
This was rather a challenge for me as recently I have found myself adding more and more bling and embellishments..... and my son, Kieran really wouldn't appreciate a card that I have not only spent hours creating, but also anything that remotely sparkles or looks girly:) although I did manage to sneak a few matt black pearls on to it.......
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge:
Love to Create - One for the Guys