Hello blogging friends! I hope you are all having a good weekend:)
My Weekend Away
After the very successful shows on Thursday my husband has taken me away for a weekend break for some quality time together:) Now my first reaction was 'oh wow' how thoughtful of him and then he told me that we were going to watch the Gran Prix at Silverstone.....oh yes you can imagine my thoughts lol. Now, although I do quite like to watch a little racing on the TV and always try and take an interest in his hobby/s....oh yes he has quite a few:), this wasn't quite what I would have in mind for a quite weekend away....however the truth is it has been amazing.....he booked special tickets through Red Bull racing which included a 2 1/2 hour time spent in the hospitality lounge and also a pit walk and guided tour around the Red Bull pit garage:) The best of it was when we got to meet Christine Horner(the Chief Principal), Daniel Recardo and also one of the Torro Rosso drivers! So this probably would not have been my first choice, but I really have enjoyed myself. Tomorrow of course I am sure is going to also be as exciting:) ....I will post a few pictures on Monday:)
We are now in our hotel having an early night, but of course I thought I would take this opportunity to do a quick blog post.....You probably have all been wondering where I have been as I haven't blogged for a few days:) So I thought I had better explain :)
Create and Craft Shows
I hope you all got to see the Create and Craft shows on Thursday.....I can't thank you all enough for your emails and comments of good luck wishes and support x The big bundle and papers were sell outs and the stamps weren't far behind. I will be having this collection available soon in my online shop.....it is coming soon I promise, but I have had to put a hold on it with everything that's been going on in my family and also the prepping for the shows...but it will soon be ready to launch and I will let you know the date very soon. I have another show next week - July 15th which will be the launch of the Heartfelt Creations Christmas collection which I really am looking forward too:) I will try and get a few sneak peeks posted towards the end of the week:)
Now for a card....This is one of the cards that I demo'd although the one I demo'd was in pinks. As Emma Lou and I explained this die collection isn't just for scrapbooking....the dies are also perfect for the card maker....I am also hoping that if you watched the shows that you too may be inspired to do a little scrapbooking even if you have never done any before. I will post some of the layouts that I created for the shows next week.
- This card measures 7" x7".
- To give this card a little vintage feel I have inked all the edges with Tea Dye distress inks and also distress the edges of the papers with a Tim Holts distress tool.
- I chose the green and cream patterned paper from the paper collection as my base colour.
- Next I cut one of the panels in lilac and adhered it to the card at an angle.
- I stamped the Classic Rose onto some cream card and coloured it in with water colour pencils and a little tea dye distress ink. I have cut the image out with the Cut Mat Create die set 1B and then matted this onto the perfectly sized set 1A die which I have cut out in lilac card stock. I have then adhered this to the card at an angle with foam pads.
- I have added a length of Hobby House lace and Hobby House pearls on string.
- Next I have stamped the Sympathy sentiment which is from the Birds and Blooms pre cut stamp set. I die cut this out with die set 2A and adhered it to the card.
- I have used the daisy flourishes from die set 2B....these really are so dainty and pretty:)
- To finish my card I have added a lilac organza bow to the top of the sentiment with a small pearl in the centre.
This stamp is so detailed and easy to colour and a great size for those cards. I will add a picture of the pink one that I made on the show sometime next week so that you can see the same design in a different colour.
That's all from me tonight as hubby has just reminded me of the time:).....I told him it was going to be a 10 minute job writing my post lol and I think it has been almost an hour:)
I will be back on Monday with the launch of a new Blog Candy!!!!
Take Care and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend :)