I can't say how overwhelming all of your amazing support has been for my debut shows on Create and Craft. I would like to thank each and everyone of you......Now that I have seen the shows for myself I have found myself thinking was that really me:) I do think I did manage to hide my nerves pretty well.....no hand shaking lol! But the real me is a lot more chatty and bubbly than you all saw! I hope in time with a few more shows under my belt you will all begin to see the real me:).......I think I was more nervous about saying the wrong thing and sounding silly:)
So now I have got over my first show I have already started prepping for my 2nd which is hopefully going to be the 1st week in January. I will give you all the date when it has all been fully confirmed:)
My card today was a difficult choice as I have quite a few to share with you and lot's of favourites, but I have decided on this one which is using the beautiful Justrite Black Eyed Susan stamp set. I fell in love with this set as it has so many occasions that it can be used for and I just love flowers:)
I chose not to add a sentiment to this card as I thought it is one of those that you can have ready for any occasion!
- I have started with a black card base measuring approximately 6 1/2" x 8"( an unusual size I know). I then taken some pale pink shimmer card and taken it through my Grand Calibur twice using the Couture Creations Paradise embossing folder. I have matted this onto the black card base.
- I have stamped the Flower image from the Black Eyed Susan stamp set onto some coconut white card measuring approx 5 3/4" x 5 1/4". Next I have cut the Vintage Labels 2 out to create a frame and inked it with Tea Dye to give it a little distressed look. I have taken my flower stamp again and marked where I need to stamp so that it matches with the main flower image, so it looks like the flowers are over the frame (I hope that makes sense). I have adhered the frame in place with foam pads to add some dimension. I have then stamped the flowers again twice.
- To colour in the flowers I have used the Cosmic Shimmer Water paints - Pink Ultra and Pastel Pink. I have used Jade Green and a little emerald Gold for the stalks and leaves and Enchanted Gold for the centre of the flowers. To finish off my main image I have inked the edges with Milled Lavender, matted it onto some black card stock and adhered it to the centre of the card with foam pads.
- I have made a double bow with pink organza ribbon, adhered it to the bottom of the frame in the centre and added a Crystal Sparkler.
- Next I have taken some black pearl swirls,(one left and one right), cut them in half and adhered them in position. I have stamped 2 butterflies, coloured these in with the same water paints and added them to each side of the bow.
- To finish I have of course added some Stickles - Pink Taffeta
Full Product List:
- Card: Foundations
- Stamps: Justrite - Black Eyed Susan
- Dies : Justrite - Vintage Labels Two
- Embossing Folder - Couture Creations: Paradise
- Ranger Stickles - Pink Taffeta
- Cosmic Shimmer: Eater Colour Paints - Luscious Greens, Perfect Pastels and Autumn Set
- Embellishments: Creative Expressions: Black Pearl Swirls, Satin Edged Organza ribbon and aClear Sparkler